Saturday, March 26, 2011

gotta stack on canned food

Went to Valleverde shoes store on Avenue U again, to show that my new shoes did not last more than 3 weeks as well.  The owner was nice, suggested to take the old pair to be fixed and a new pair.  The new pair is regular - not the mini-boots that I bought.  That's sad, but better than nothing, since he was not refunding the purchase.  Knowing that this brand malfunctioned and teared up twice in a row, my father and myself went to Nordstrom where he made an early birthday gift for me: District 3 mini-boots that I chose and a pair of moccasins by Clarks.  Both pairs look wonderful and hopefully will last longer than I expect them to.  We stopped by Marshall's where we bought a jar of cinnamon to be added to espresso.  I also bought myself a Levi Strauss belt with double tongues and double holes throughout the belt.  After that we bought sushi and miso soups at Chop Stix on Nostrand Avenue.  My mother is sick and taking antibiotics, so I got her a Vick's vapor stick.  People on the streets looked not in the spirit and sadly went into many closing stores to purchase stuff on "out of business" sale.  It appeared to me that everyone felt that recession/inflation is here to stay.  On the way back home, we saw a young guy holding a sign stating that the world will end on May 21 this year.  That's just under two months from now.  I simply cannot believe such awful statements: I am still planning to play Max Payne 3 before I die.  However, if it will come out on mandatory Steam platform, I don't care that much.  It will just not be that great.   

No comments:

Post a Comment