Sunday, December 5, 2010

joe barbaro turned out to be the hero of the game

Got the laundry, visited mom/grandmom, bought stuff to drink and eat, most of it in 99c store on Avenue Z and Coney Island, rest in Fair Grocery.  Finished playing Mafia II: game was excellent, ending was horrible: Joe turned out to be Man of the Year, Vito, the main character, did not end on a noble note.  Checked Fallout4, even in windowed mode: same crap, game short-circuits every 15 minutes.  I can't enjoy it.  Too bad, I will keep it on computer, maybe check it in a month - hopefully it will be patched.  Clearly the issue is poor recognizability of NVIDIA graphics card.  I doubt it can be fixed on my end, it's up to game developers.  Maybe they should come up with the same standards in video cards and everybody will buy that, sort of like Windows OS.  I noted that Metro 2033 was downloading something in background: turned out there is a new Ranger mode, easy and hardcore.  Since I don't feel like unpacking GTA (Liberty City) - would be similar to Mafia II - I am making up my "thirst" for survivalist Stalker-Fallout type games by replaying Metro 2033 in a Ranger mode.  It's ok, doubt there will be any good games coming out in the next 6 months anyway, might as well prolong the pleasures of playing some good old stuff.  I noted that Arizona Green Tea with Ginseng and Honey is now sold in Extra Sweet kind: thought it wouldn't matter but the taste is better.  Now I'll finish my Hiltons with some Snapple and Metro 2033 and call it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment