Saturday, June 2, 2012

in Fancy Part of City

Today I spent most of day in Manhattan improving understanding of medical terminology.  The good news is I got a certificate for it; the bad news is that I have to get there tomorrow early am for another advanced session.  My parents were going to NJ, so they dropped me off today; tomorrow I will need to wake up earlier to be there on time via subway.  I visited very amazing restaurant, with excellent prices and choices.  It's called Maoz Vegetarian, filial of Amsterdam branch.  I think I will go there again tomorrow.  Also, there was a veg fair in Union Square and I bought some vegan cookies (tasty! carrot raisin cookies) and tried free sample of very good rye bread from Finland, called Ruis bread.  I hope they will have same fair tomorrow.

The big news: Max Payne 3.  I started playing around 1am, when it became available.  It is clearly a good game, but maybe I hyped it for myself too much and so far it's great, but not living up to the hype.  The movement of character is not developed to the max, the cross-hair is hard to see on characters, the weapons are so far mediocre.  Maybe they stuck the game on very high graphics, because most of fights almost require bullet time, it seems.  I put on normal settings and it's slightly faster now.  Very slightly.  RockStar had the same issue in LA Noire, that's why it wasn't as popular as it could have been.  Now I am off to play Max Payne, of course, after eating a full bowl of Special K Red Berries with Silk milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment