Sunday, May 22, 2011

computer overcame apocalypse

Still wheezing, coughing, nose is dripping...went to acupuncturist, felt better for a while.  One of computer's drive went down, I tried to fix it and accidentally screwed up the BIOS... something with boot order... so the whole computer with four drives was inaccessible.  I took computer to the Compustar...also decided to get 2T drive..extra 100 bucks.  Now I have 5 drives.  I surprised the computer dude: he could not understand why someone would put windows on all drives.  I like choices... every drive for different type of activity.
Visited parents, got a present (Bulgarian shoes). Ate lots of fried tofu and bean curd, had Jewish matzo balls (made at my request) at parents' apartment.  did not feel well, went home and worked with computer.  Tomorrow I will stay home all day, not going to visit grandmother, take some Rx, stay indoors in warmth, finish installing programs to new drive.  Installed and played Scorpion Disfigured... Some stuff looks like Mass Effect 2 mixed with Bioshock, possibly even prequel:  must have been a great game when it came out...but now does not seem interesting.  By the way, this is the first time I saw the title: wasn't advertised, even this copy comes from UK.  My laundry order number is 269, I have to pick it up tomorrow.  Got email from Sylvia.  Apocalyptic global earthquake was cancelled, as I suspected, but my fridge (who knows, right?) is filled with mango juice.  By the way, the virus from my right side is kaput...it's just a cold now...with lots of sneezing and aching...  I should be ok by Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment