Saturday, November 26, 2011

Cusco 10.0 file: Odessa

I've always noticed how architecture around the world is very similar.  Sometimes I get deja-vu sense in many places I go, as if I've been there before.  I thought today that maybe this whole life is that of a tourist in another world: if something doesn't feel native, then maybe it shouldn't.  This is my tourist exploration, I guess.  For some reason, I felt native before and was questioning locals in my mind.  I felt more like I felt with the short-term accepting family on Amantani island: we eat together, we sleep close by, but it's not my house, not my real family, not my long-term lifestyle.  It did not feel out-of-place because that's what it was advertised as...  But lately it's all falling into its place and my tourist status is more obvious than ever.  I should be glad just to be present and enjoy the exotic experiences without asking for much or even equal rights with locals.

No comments:

Post a Comment