Friday, November 25, 2011

Cooking with Coca Leaves

Today was first day at work and it was not busy at all.  I received a nice bonus to salary for excellent dedication to work, as I was told.  The bonus will cover next month's rent and grocery for a month.  After work I stopped by StopNShop, bought lots of fancier food (~$50) and prepared Peruvian inspired dish:  fried brown rice with cubed tofu, with mashed coca leaves, basil leaves, mystery sauce from previous order at Japanese sushi place, lots of minced red onion and salt from Peruvian salt mine.  Either the amount of red onion bits was too big, or mystery sauce was too spicy, but the taste of dish was slightly on spicy side, which I don't really like.  However, I noticed that spicy effect went away when I drank Simply Lemonade drink and the food tasted great.  I decided to pick up my laundry tomorrow instead of now.  I also bought lots of Cesar brand food for Max, which I will give to him tomorrow.   Currently smoking Dunhill International: bought a full box at duty-free shop at Peru's airport.  Cheap.  Listening to classical music on car's radio most of the day.  Seems to be alright for my current mood.  Sending the rental payment before due time this month.  Bonus check couldn't come at a better time: my bank account was almost drained by the cumulative price of Peruvian trips.  And only two days ago I thought I will have to go on a steady diet...

No comments:

Post a Comment