Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Tomorrow is Jury Duty day

Tomorrow I have to wake up earlier to go to court.  I will be mandated to be a juror.  If I will refuse to come I may be liable to pay 1,000 dollars and / or go to jail for a month.  I may be raped and tortured by the prisoners: killers and rapists who sit there...  I may die in a brawl fight caused by some inmate that is doing 25 to life anyway...without any confrontation from my side, just because it's "fun" for some.  All of these life-changing things may happen to me if I will not go to court tomorrow.  That's freedom of choice right there: who would want to have all these things happen in their life for just oversleeping?  Of course, I will make it my naturalized citizen duty!  For our country and its awesome legal system, not like in Soviet Union, where they had mandated rights you cannot refuse, like voting for example.  That's real democracy and freedom!  Clearly something to die in war over...  I will turn on both alarm clocks and ask my parents to call me...it's a free democratic country after all and I am its citizen.  I don't want to die because I overslept or missed a subway train*.

On a lighter note, I accidentally purchased amazing baby pickles in a Russian food store (near or close to Europe, or inside?) on Brighton Beach: Dill & Garlik pickles (red letters on green field), R&S, packed in India for Infost Fine Foods (for Israel).  32 Fl oz.  Must buy again.  I was speechless...or maybe I overate... 

Now I am finishing off Japanese buckwheat noodles in Somba noodle base (soy base).
I drank another Lavazza espresso, with lots of sugar, smoking - life is good.  I have a wish to live longer.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
* to be censored later due to freedom of press

No comments:

Post a Comment