Saturday, September 11, 2010

looks like I have more content to post this time

The big news is that my refrigerator, where the food is getting so rotten it smells in the apartment, is not fixable.
I was offered a new replacement by landlord, but I decided to buy it myself to prevent increase in rent: same size apartments just a floor up cost 100+ dollars more.  It seems if installation of new bathtub cost an increase in rent, a new fridge should do as well.  Anyway, my parents, as usually, got overly crazy about taking me to buy a fridge.  Of course, I will insist on something smaller, they will enforce their control and I will end up paying more money for some veggie form thing on bottom of fridge that I never use.  Unfortunately, that's nothing new...

The Turok game: it did not impress me from beginning, except for great graphics.  The weapons were not exciting except for one or two: after Borderlands, it was an issue.  I gave up on it where Turok has to fight the tank; maybe I will continue some time later.  I installed another game that I got on sale: Wanted: Weapons of Fate.  I did not see the movie, but noticed that some characters are recognizable as Hollywood actors.  From the first scenes I thought I was playing Earth Defender mixed with Wild-West shooting: characters have very limited mobility, even though special moves are great.  I was not excited about it all the way to the main boss fight - then I got half through it and stop concentrating - got bored...so the character got shot... maybe I will play it later, when I am very bored.  It's almost over...  Actually, I did not like the whole story behind the game - but that's up to Hollywood, I guess, not up to computer game staff.  I still have one more game in my arsenal of bought-dinner-cheap games: Advent Rising.  I will probably install it after tomorrow's purchase of a fridge.  Tomorrow will suck bad, but it is necessary to have a refrigerator in apartment.
It's 1:25 pm now.  I just woke up from a nap.  I am preparing Goya Curry Rice.  Then I will go back to bed. Unfortunately, I might wake up with a slightly bigger stomach.  But that's the price for happiness.  It's my vacation time after all, and it ends sooner than I felt it would.

No comments:

Post a Comment