Monday, September 20, 2010

roaming thoughts about nothing in particular

Today after work I visited my favorite Chinese supermarket and bought the stuff I like to eat and drink.  I was pleasantly surprised to see more choices of Japanese food available.  At home I had Lavazza espresso coffee, and it was awesome.  I saw this advertisement on one of rice packages, where a person was wrapping rice with the chop sticks into a free seaweed wrapper.  I thought: I have these wrappers at home in huge amount, yet I did not figure out to do that!  What a great idea: so I prepared Aruzzo Curry Rice (spanish style) and tried to do that.  Of course, it took a long time with chopsticks, so I got impatient and used my fingers.  That was great.  Then I took a hot bath with fizzle ball and Epson salts.  That was also great.  It turned out to be a wonderful evening. 
 
It's these little spots of happiness that make this life more than tolerable and wonderful.  In these rare moments I actually feel like there is something to thank God for in this life...  And the thanks are indeed sincere, without any back thought.  Did I mention it was a very sunshiny day?  That was warm...also quite nice.  Now I am drinking Snapple peach ice tea and smoking Davidoff...  As I do that, I wonder: is this life can ever get better than this?  And the answer that comes to mind is a definite NO.  And that makes these moments even better.  Sometimes you are happy and you know it.  That's happiness.  It will not be like that forever.  I enjoy it while it lasts.  I wish to have many more evenings like tonight.  All alone, satisfied with life, satisfied with self.  Sometimes the journey of getting somewhere is the best part of vacation.  I used to believe in the destination, and now I just enjoy the ride...

No comments:

Post a Comment