Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I participated in the judicial governing process (as I was told)

Just came back: it was great, I wasn't chosen.
Almost got lost on the way back.
Went to Chinese supermarket and bought a new saucepan: bigger, thicker, stronger, with strong handle.
Also purchased birch tree sap juice, fried tofu for miso soup, Arizona Ice Teas, another type of tofu, and a new plastic broad deep plate, in which I just had a miso soup.  Saw the same pickles I had yesterday, at a cheaper price - bought it as well.  Rent payment and ConEd bill is in the mail.  Drinking Manhattan Special Espresso Coffee Soda...large bottle: price has increased to almost 4 dollars...

In the lobby of the Supreme Court - free Metro newspapers, with large two-page spread about the world ending on May 21, 2011.  Didn't look like a gag...  At the same time we were watching a news report on TV that the whole Europe is under terrorist threat....I thought it would be great if they could get better microphones or at least get a large screen where the names of potential jury members would appear...but that's none of my business for the next 8 years.  Went to Pizza Hot: got specialty pizza combo, expensive for such a little thing, but tasty and without cheese, as requested.  Had an avacado roll sandwich with TLOM.  Had two types of Starbucks canned coffee: doubleshot espresso and cream and the regular coffee.  Both were aweful....But we don't have any alternative in US: on that note, bought two "mystery" cans with different coffee in cans in Chinese store.  Cheap.  Will try later.  Humidifier is working.  Now air conditioner didn't: the outlet shorted out - got an extension court - works.  Received a game highly recommended by the dude who suggested Borderlands: World of Warcraft.  I would never buy strictly RPG games - never liked them, but...I wouldn't order Borderlands without his encouragement and that game was surprisingly awesome.  I will install it after finishing Avatar...which has graphics, but the sound is all screwed up, patches don't work - and sometimes I just get bored playing it...

No comments:

Post a Comment