Sunday, July 11, 2010

Computer Weekend

Upgraded my computer.  Now I have 4 drives, with MyBook - 5 drives.  I bought a fancy video card for 300 bucks - DDR5 1024 Gb - now I can play any games again.  Installed Windows XP Pro on my new "games" drive.  Installed SATA connection drive - can buy two more SATA drives later on and have them working through SATA connection cord.  Upgraded power unit: agreed to buy 500, but it did not work with new video card and I had to get 750volts.  Also, bought an wireless-n usb Netgear adapter - works great.
The company that delivered my cigarettes closed.  I will need to find alternatives, while it is still legal to smoke.  I can always quit when it will be officially illegal to smoke.  It will be a problem with peeing though, if they would outlaw it...  but smoking is not a big problem.  Metro 2033 still doesn't work on STEAM.  Sent them a request to check exe file - no response yet.  Sniper Ghost warrior is now playing great!  It was indeed a video card memory issue.  I am sure other games that were too slow will now be playable.  Right now I am installing Singularity.  Doubt it will be a great game, but it would be nice to see any game that I bought recently just running...

No comments:

Post a Comment