Friday, December 7, 2012

sick day

Well, I got sick at work  yesterday, so I called in sick today because I wasn't able to function: it was hard to breathe, my nose was dripping all the time and it still is.  I bought a lot of medications and keep taking them every 4 hours.  Went to acupuncturist -  she said I have severe cold or flu.  I couldn't sleep all night because of it, so I sort of felt asleep at acupuncturist's office during the session.  She said I was snoring very loudly.
I spent all day playing Godfather Five Families, obtained two new neighborhoods and rose in ranks. I am not visiting parents tomorrow, don't want to get them sick, so I'll do the same, I guess.  There is nothing else to do anyway except taking medication.
A friend from another country sent me a gift, a book by Pelevin, called "T".  I read more than 200 pages so far.  It's hard to read, as anything popular in masses and/or blasphemous material, but eventually I'll finish reading it.  If I wouldn't feel getting sick from specific client, I would probably think reading it made me sick...But we have to know our contemporary literature and norms and morals to fit better in this dying, yet laughing society.  In a way, I respect that: the world is like a slowly dying patient who refused prescribed treatment and keeps boozing and overmedicating on pain meds thinking it will make it all better in the long run.  But, from my working experience, usually such joy ride ends very tragically, alas.  On second thought, no, I don't really respect that, I think it's not very bright at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment