Sunday, August 28, 2011

Perfect Afterstorm

Just as I thought few days ago, the Storm of the Century was compared by local residents to last week's regular rain that made more flooding damage than this one.  I did not check my apartment yet, but grandmother's and parent's apartments are fine, streets are relatively clean, no flooding around the area.  It appears that if it wasn't for administration's decision to shut down MTA and 5 hospitals in the area, things would be even less stressful for residents.    It was frustrating to find a gas station: the TV was warning to fill up on gas, but almost all gas stations were closed.  However, there seem to be some damage mostly outside the area I live in, especially other states, so maybe it wasn't a Drizzle of the Century after all.  I am progressing in Castle Empire, but slowly.  They opened a shop and I already spent 35 bucks in it.  I guess it's a very addicting cute game.  Max is very needy, barks every time I step away.  Just eats and shits most of the time.  I could not go to work during the storm, because my grandmother's home attendant did not come, so I had to spend the whole weekend attending to her needs.  Parents should be coming back in 2 days, if airports will open.  When I went to my apartment to get valuable stuff in case of destructive hurricane, I realized that I have nothing of value except my computer and suits, which all together not going to sell for more than 2K.  Actually, pretty much all I possess could be valued on the market under 2K.  So, I took the US Passport: because it's a valuable document for travel and I am still planning to visit Machu Pichu this November. I didn't take my Emergency Bag, with my Emergency and Travel Pants, which indicates I wasn't under impression this would actually be a destructive tropical storm.  I am progressing as expected in chi balancing.  Now I will need to lose up to 10 lb.  The good news of the week is that Alice called and said that my insurance now covers unlimited services of acupuncture.  This makes my wish to lose at least 5-7 lb more realistic. 


No comments:

Post a Comment