Saturday, July 7, 2012

car accident

Just got back from a ride on a tow truck.  My car looks like it's not going to ride anymore: the tire is almost out, can't open the front door fully, bumper is half-off and that is just beginning of problems.  Some dude decided to make a U-turn in the middle of a busy street crossing the double yellow lines without checking that there was a green light to oncoming traffic.  In a way I was lucky: if I didn't automatically pull the wheel to the right, I could have been dead now.  My car's skid-marks on the street were telling the whole story, I just needed to point to them to police crew.  If they would come an hour sooner, they would have seen the water from his radiator right in the middle of street as his car was perpendicular to both driving lines.  Water evaporated by the time they arrived.  He had to move his car or he would block all traffic on both sides.  A fireman tried to drive my car closer to the sidewalk, but they didn't risk driving it (wasn't going much), so they put it in neutral and five or six firemen pushed it closer to pavement.  The dude in the other car admitted to police that he was doing an [illegal] U-turn right in front of me.  He had only frontal damage, broke his radiator, too, so he had to admit it.  Hopefully policemen will mention it in the report.  If not, it still looks like totally not my fault.  Because it clearly wasn't.  Two blocks from my home, too...such a nuisance.
 I really like my car.  It would be a pity to have it totaled.  Maybe mechanics will fix it...maybe not: looks like a damage to whole axis.  I don't know where I'm getting this extra money to fix the car, so I'll have to wait for a probable insurance check.  Meanwhile, I will have to get to work and back on public transportation.  This could last weeks.  Parents suggested to rent a car.  They were really helpful, came to give me money for tow truck, etc.  
I decided to restart playing Castle Empire from the very beginning under new nickname.  I don't feel like finishing Far Cry 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment