Saturday, May 19, 2012

Growing older

Today me and my parents went to Mitsuwa Marketplace to celebrate my birthday.  I chose that place because there are no Japanese restaurants in Brooklyn that I know of which serve authentic Japanese cuisine and that mall has 7 or 8 of those restaurants.  The food was delicious (we ate at Kayaba) and very cheap considering its quality.   I bought 50+ dollars worth of exotic foods and drinks and my parents bought twice as much.  After that we went to two malls in Edgewater, NJ.  I bought Hawaiian and Costa Rican coffees at TJMax, then went for espresso and bagels to Panera Bread: definitely not worse than any Starbucks.  After coming back to Brooklyn we went to visit grandmother in rehab facility.  She is doing better.  After drinking some more coffee and watching Russian Musical Show on TV, I came back to play some more of Tropico 4.  It seems this day was very pleasant and successful.  Tomorrow I will overeat on various vegetable onegiri stuffed all over my refrigerator.  I also got two new seasonings: the samples were sensational (seaweed based).  As I am turning 37, I feel that I am getting slightly wiser.  Also, I feel there is a room for progress in philosophy of life and many new beginnings.  I need to work on them, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment