Monday, September 19, 2011

money on my mind

It was the least busy Monday as long as I recall.  I tried to be useful, but it seemed that there was not much to do today.  I am sure it's a stand-alone instance that doesn't repeat.  I wanted to buy something for the wall: I moved the painting I had, since it has been there for many years and I grew tired of it.  I went online, but all paintings seemed to be more expensive than my budget could afford.  After work I went to Staples and bought oil colors in pencil form, large board, pens since I decided to draw something myself.  So it won't look pretty, but at least I'll save money and change decor.  I am still level 30 on Castle Empire, since I am trying not to spend more money than I spent and the progress is slower.  Everything is more expensive than before, even pens on sale.  I don't know how the management is meeting their budget and suspect that we'll have lots of workers slowly encouraged to leave within a year or so.  It looks like a slow beginning of another Great Depression.  I've been through this before, just before I left USSR: the safest thing is to go to another country.   Unfortunately, this time it appears that it's a global economic collapse and I don't know where would be a safer place to go.  I heard Canada is doing ok, eh?
For now I'm just eating sandwiches with soy cheese, drinking espresso, smoke a lot.  It is comforting to know that nothing really depends on me and whatever happens - happens.  Everything was predicted even long before year 2000 and it all does not come as a surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment