Tuesday, September 27, 2011

getting conned

Relatively busy day at work.  After work I checked the bank account to see how much damage Con Edison got me with this summer: in three months I spent enough money on electricity to buy a European vacation for a week, including a non-direct flight.  On my request to check the meter they sent someone over: I let them in.  Same day I received a response letter, stating they checked the meters a week earlier and the charges are correct.  I immediately sent an angry letter saying that I personally let in the guy to check the meters yesterday and they couldn't know that charges were correct a week ago.  Their response was that they checked it a week before as well, which is a blatant lie since the entrance to basement is right in front of my door and they always come early in the morning, so I would definitely hear them opening it.  But I guess there is no point, it's monopoly anyway.  I was so upset that my bank account is narrowly escaping a budget hole due to false billing that I went to all-you-can-eat Chinese buffet at King's Buffet on 86th Street and ate until I almost vomited from excess of food.  I will try not to binge eat again: it improves my mood, but it really blows up my stomach in size.

No comments:

Post a Comment