Wednesday, June 19, 2013

not a tourist???

Parents are thinking about buying me an apartment.  Of course, it's my name that will be on the mortgage agreement and it will be my responsibility to pay for it, but they may pay the down-payment.  Of course I can't afford any mortgage with my salary, but with their names on it I will surely get the credit I need.  I told them that I am interested in house-on-wheels, they disregarded that idea, so they are not going to participate in sponsorship.  I am cold to idea of own apartment - just going to get me deeper in debt for many, many years.  On the other hand, jobs come and go and there is no guarantee I will be so lucky to afford renting an apartment indefinitely in near future.
I guess I may have to think about it.  Although the way global economy is moving it's possible that in next 10 years survivors will be occupying half-destroyed homes filled with fall-out radiation without any rent or mortgage payment...on the other hand, that's not really a good argument not to think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment