Sunday, March 3, 2013

back from vacation

I am back from visiting Israel.  It was an interesting experience and I got a chance to visit relatives that I didn't see for more than two decades.  Trip started through Paris, which did not look much alive, and I got back through Amsterdam, that looked quite growing.  Israel was very lively.  I enjoyed its superior hummus and falafel sandwiches, got disappointed with its cigarettes, but the coffee was not bad.  I visited Casarea, Haifa, cities on border with Beirut, cities around Jordan river, Akko, Natania, Jaffa and Tel Aviv, where I stayed most of the time.   I visited Jerusalem twice, because my planned trip was overbooked and I had to take a similar one, which included same Jerusalem trip plus trip to Bethlehem located on Palestinian territory.   I also took a swim in Dead Sea after going through black mud treatment.
Tomorrow I will go to work and have to get back into the rhythm of working life.  It was nice to travel so far.  I hope I could visit other places before my final rest.    


No comments:

Post a Comment