Monday, October 29, 2012

Sandy

It's Hurricane Sandy's time in Brooklyn.  Trees felt on several cars at work, many employees remained stuck at work because the mass transportation is not working and wind is blowing the rain all around.  My little Japanese umbrella didn't hold up and I'll need another one.  I was driving back from work when two large branches felt across the road and blocked it: this is the most excitement this storm brought so far.  I parked my car in a place with no trees around.  I hear a lot of sirens outside, but not sure whether these are ambulances, fire trucks or police cars.  Streets are empty, shops are closed.  We expect the same tomorrow.  The phone, lights and internet are still working, although internet was off for a short while.  Now TV picture is getting pixilated...  Tomorrow is another day like that.  The only good thing is that The Big Ball was cancelled and I don't have to dress up an extra time after work.

No comments:

Post a Comment